Monday, May 10, 2010

Featured Writing by Fey

Walking Through the Woods

by Fey

As I walk through the woods, the air is filled with the sound of birds chirping from their nests. Squirrels are cracking nuts, and the chomping seems to make the forest quiver. Branches scratch my arm as leaves fall down near my feet.

Something smells like cotton candy, but it is just the scent of blooming flowers. The moist ground has an earthy smell. Wolves are howling, and I hear the clicking hooves of deer walking on the rocky ground. A waterfall in the distance is flowing. I look up to see a blue, white and yellow sky.

3 comments:

  1. I like the part about you walking trough the woods and seeing the wolves and the squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very poetic vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you explained every detail like each one was a separate image.

    ReplyDelete